Dental Fillings, Roseville’s Prime Non-Toxic Choice
A filling is a way to restore a damaged tooth to its normal function and shape. When you get a filling, the dentist will remove the decayed material from the tooth, clean the affected area, and fill the space with the material of choice. There are many types of filling material available, ranging from gold to porcelain to composite resin.
Tooth Colored Fillings & Replacing Old Fillings
Composite fillings are today's modern filling choice. They are made to match your tooth's natural color to make them virtually invisible to notice and are placed onto the tooth by bonding the filling material to the tooth so they do not have the unlikely chance of falling off. Many patients choose to replace their old silver and gold fillings with composite fillings.
- Beautiful appearance
- Completed in a one visit
- No filling leaks
- Less chance of a tooth cracking
Types of Fillings
There are four different choices that you have when it comes to filling a cavity.
- Composite Fillings - Natural tooth-colored filling, bonds to the tooth to provide added security.
- Silver Fillings - Inexpensive and strong amalgam based filling.
- Gold Fillings - More attractive than silver and provide for a better fit.
- Porcelain Fillings - Also called inlays; the most attractive and durable of the tooth colored choices.